Columbia University maintains certain policies with regard to the use and security of its computer systems, networks and information resources. All users of these facilities are required to adhere to these policies. These policies are meant to protect the University's computer systems, networks, data and other information resources.
Please also read the Columbia University Information Security Charter.
- Secure Your Sensitive Data
- Recycling or Donating Computers? First: Wipe All Data from Hard Drives & Destroy CDs, DVDs
- Data Breach? Report & Respond Immediately
- Using Social Security Numbers (SSN) or Unique Person Numbers (UPN)
- Encryption: Keep Your Data Private
- E-commerce: Protection of Cardholders' Electronic Information
- Peer-to-Peer (P2P) File Sharing Policy Equipment Security
Standards, Processes and Procedures
- The Distribution of Copyrighted Material
- Obtaining Domain Names
- Sending a Broadcast Email Message
- Computer Access for Staff
- Web Publishing on Columbia's Network
- Exceeding Network Usage: Check Your Quotas
- Secure Access to University Applications
- Desktop / Laptop / Mobile Device Security Requirements When Accessing Sensitive Data
- UNIX Standard Operating Environment Document
- Web Security Standard Operating Environment Document
- University Mobile Phone Registration and Password Policy
To contact CUIT Security:
Send reports of security incidents, attacks, or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.