Desktop Support Services
The CUIT Desktop Support group can provide you with a wide array of computing support for your University owned equipment, including access to Directory Services (Domain Access: ALPHA), exchange server access, a core set of supported hardware, supported software, and a local drive backup solution.
Outline of Core Services:
- Pre-Purchase consultation
- Tier 2 installation, configuration, onsite and remote support for a core set of popular applications, including Microsoft Office, Exchange e-mail and calendaring, personal and shared network space and back-up services, local drive backup services using connected backup, remote access via VPN. We support both PC and Macintosh platforms.
- Managed Desktop Services: Standard Desktop / Standard Software Set
- Support for business-critical enterprise applications
- Desktop Support can work with print services and or other CU preferred vendors to help setup multifunction fax/copiers setup and support.
- Administrative departments across the University, including the CUMC campus, supported departments and subscribers to the Alpha domain must have the minimum hardware requirements. Dell OptiPlex 780 or above, Latitude E6420 or above and Latitute E6220 or above running Windows 7 Enterprise are PC's with the minimum requirements. If you have machines that don't meet the minimum, the CUIT Desktop Support Team can work with you to help upgrade to our standard hardware and software.
Latest Hardware Purchases
The latest hardware available can be found here.