LionMail @ Columbia
LionMail is Columbia's state-of-the-art email, contacts and calendaring system, powered by Google. It provides a secure and convenient way to send and receive mail from any location using just a web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari. The supported browsers are the current and the previous release of your preferred browser.
The following schools are using LionMail:
- Columbia College
- Engineering and Applied Sciences (undergraduates and Masters students only)
- General Studies
- Continuing Education
- Law School
- Architecture, Planning and Preservation
- Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (non-Medical fields)
- School of International and Public Affairs
- Columbia Business School
In addition to the schools named above, a number of departments have moved to LionMail: Office of Alumni and Development, Columbia University Libraries, and many central administrative and academic departments.
If you want to use LionMail with a mobile device or an email client such as Outlook or Apple Mail, be sure to read the instructions for configuring the device or software with a special device password.
- LionMail Drive
- 30 GB mail and Drive storage
- Log in with your UNI and password
- Email address is UNI@columbia.edu
- Use the modern LionMail web client, or, with extra configuration, use your mobile device or desktop mail client
- Access to the Columbia directory from within LionMail
- Tag messages with multiple labels and choose from multiple importance markers
- Fast searching, including on the full message text
Posted February 28, 2014: CUIT has received numerous reports from people whose email was deleted while using Apple Mail on Mavericks to read their LionMail.
If you want to use Apple Mail, please check to see which Mac OS you have by clicking on the Apple menu and choosing About This Mac. If you have an OS of 10.9.0 or 10.9.1, please update to 10.9.2 before you set up your Apple Mail account. Versions of Mac OSX before 10.9.0 will not cause any problems. Mavericks 10.9.2 is the update which appears to correct the recent issues with Apple Mail.
To update your Mac OS: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1703
To read more about this issue: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6030
Please remember that the Gmail web interface is CUIT's only fully supported method for reading LionMail.