LionMail @ Columbia
LionMail is Columbia's state-of-the-art email, contacts and calendaring system, powered by Google. It provides a secure and convenient way to send and receive mail from any location using just a web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari.
Students in the following schools are using LionMail:
- Columbia College
- Engineering and Applied Sciences (undergraduates and Masters students only)
- General Studies
- Continuing Education
- Law School
- Architecture, Planning and Preservation
- Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (non-Medical fields)
- International Policy and Public Affairs (now available for incoming students; current students will move to LionMail in June 2013)
In addition, faculty and staff from various schools and departments have moved to LionMail, including the Office of Alumni and Development, School of the Arts staff, Continuing Education faculty, and faculty and staff in the School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation.
If you want to use LionMail with a mobile device or an email client such as Outlook or Apple Mail, be sure to read the instructions for configuring the device or software with a special device password.
- 25 GB mail storage
- Log in with your UNI and password
- Email address is UNI@columbia.edu
- Use the modern LionMail web client, or, with extra configuration, use your mobile device or desktop mail client
- Access to the Columbia directory from within LionMail
- Tag messages with multiple labels and choose from multiple importance markers
- Fast searching, including on the full message text
Important News for LionMail Customers:
Internet Explorer 10 was launched on October 26, 2012. Google support for IE 8 will end on November 15, 2012. If you use IE 8, you will need to upgrade to IE 9 or IE 10 in order to receive continued support for LionMail. Visit the Internet Explorer download site: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-