LionMail: Logging in to LionMail
This information applies to students, faculty and staff on the LionMail system.
Log out of other Google accounts
Although it is possible to be logged in to a personal Google account and LionMail at the same time, you should log out of all personal Google accounts the first time you log in to LionMail.
- Go to google.com
To end your Google session, click your account photo or email address in the top right corner, and select Sign out.
Log in to Lionmail
- Go to lionmail.columbia.edu
- In the UNI field enter your UNI.
- In the Password field enter your UNI password.
- First Time Log In Only: you will be presented with the following screen. You must click on I accept. Continue to my account.
Find out more about this screen.
Do not enter your device password in the password field. Your device password is used to access LionMail only from a mobile device or desktop mail client (i.e. when you are not using a web browser).
If you have any questions or concerns about the transition, please contact the CUIT Service Desk:
- By Email: email@example.com
- By Phone: 212-854-1919
- Mon-Thu: 8 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Sunday: 3 p.m. - 11 p.m.