Outlook Professional Configuration - Configuring a New Mail Account
The screen shots come from Outlook Professional 2003 - there may be some slight differences in the look and text in older versions. Please read the instructions carefully.
- Select E-mail Accounts from the Tools menu.
- Select the Add a new e-mail account option from the E-mail Accounts screen and then click Next.
- Select the IMAP option from the Server Type screen.
Note: If you want to use POP instead, select the POP option.
- The Internet E-mail Settings (IMAP) screen is now displayed.
- In the text box next to Your Name, type your name as you want it to appear on your outgoing mail.
- In the text box next to E-mail Address, type your email address.
- Enter your account ID in the text box next to User Name. Be sure to leave off the @columbia.edu part.
- Enter your password in the text box next to Password and check the box next to Remember password if you prefer to have Outlook save your password.
- In the text box next to Incoming mail server (IMAP), type mail.columbia.edu.
- In the text box next to Outgoing mail server (SMTP), type send.columbia.edu.
- Click More Settings....
- Click the General tab. Type Columbia IMAP (Columbia POP if you are a POP user) in the window under Mail Account.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab. Check the box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. Click the button next to Use same settings as my incoming mail server to select that option.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Underneath Incoming server (IMAP), check the box next to This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL).
- Underneath Outgoing server (SMTP), check the box next to This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL).
- Under Folders, leave the text box next to Root folder path blank.
- Click OK.
- In the E-mail Accounts screen, click Next.
- Click Finish.