Site License Policy
Site License Distribution Policies
There are certain policies in place for all licenses procured through CUIT and others that are specific to particular products. The general policies are categorized as follows:
1. Licensee Responsibilities:
- The licensee is responsible for his or her own installation and setup. You must NOT install more copies of the software than you pay for.
- Any infringement of the license policies becomes the responsibility of the licensee and not Columbia University.
2. Bulk and individual Purchases
Site licenses offered by CUIT are available at a discounted price if purchased in bulk.
3. Proration Policy
Software will not be prorated, either by price or by duration.
4. Support Issues
CUIT provides these licenses as a service to the Columbia community. The licensees are responsible for installation, maintaining hardware and making sure the appropriate operating system is installed.
5. Software Supported Versions/Releases
Only the most current versions will be distributed. CUIT does not maintain older, archived versions of software.