CUIT Website Management
CUIT’s website and service catalog, hosted on cuit.columbia.edu, are maintained and managed by CUIT Communications. Our website (that you are reading right now!) is uses a Columbia Sites Drupal template (administration model), providing a modern, user friendly interface.
The CUIT website is a platform for central IT information for the Columbia community, including:
- IT resources for Columbia students, administrators, faculty, researchers, alumni, retirees and visitors, including Service Desk Support information
- CUIT Service Catalog, detailing over 100 services provided by CUIT
- IT-related news and alerts about upcoming initiatives and projects, and planned or unplanned service outages
- Departmental summaries of CUIT's teams
- Security and Privacy required and recommended practices
- Columbia University’s IT Policies
- ...and more!
If you work for a Columbia school or department and would like to enhance your own website, we recommend the following services:
- Create a new site using a Columbia Sites Drupal template (Academic, administrative, or research models)
- Update and optimize your existing Drupal site
- Use CUIT Web and Mobile App Services for a custom website creation
- Assess the usability of your site to create the best user experience
Requests for new webpages and updates or additions to the service catalog are processed through CUIT Communications in order to create a consistent user experience. Administrative access to other CUIT staff will be granted on a case-by-case basis; to request access, please submit a ticket with your justification and manager’s consent.
Yes. When you submit your request, please explain why the information should be protected and it can be created as a page requiring UNI-authentication to access.