Windows 8 Activation Guide
1. Log in using an account with Local Administrator privileges.
2. Confirm that your Date, Time and Region Settings are correct. Activation may not work if these are
3. Activation requires a secure campus network connection. If you are off campus, you will need to setup VPN. VPN download and instructions.
4. Move the mouse cursor to either the top right or bottom right corner.
5. In the bar that comes up on the right side of your screen, click on Search.
6. Click on Apps, and type in "CMD" in the white search box.
7. Right-click on Command Prompt.
8. Select Run as Administrator. This is important, activation will not complete if you do not run as Administrator.
9. At the prompt type the following commands.
cscript c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs -skms kms.cc.columbia.edu
cscript c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs -ato
You have successfully activated your Windows 8 client.