Email Vacation Messages
If you use LionMail, click on the gear icon in the upper right corner and choose settings. Under the General tab, scroll down to the Vacation Responder to set up your vacation message.
If you use Exchange, you can set up an out-of-office message in Outlook.
Vacation messages are automatic responses sent to people when they email you in Cubmail. Use the following instructions to set up your vacation message in INGO.
Vacation does not work on forwarded email. Instead, you should set up your vacation message on the email system you have forwarded to.
Setting a vacation message in INGO for Cubmail:
1. Go to https://ingo.cc.columbia.edu and log in.
2. Choose Vacation.
3. Under Basic Settings
a. use the calendar icon to choose the start of vacation and the end of vacation dates
b. add "Vacation" or "I'm away from the Office" or whatever you choose as your Subject
c. In the "Message" section, type your message as you like
4. Select Advanced settings
'My email addresses' will contain your email@example.com address. Add any other addresses that deliver to firstname.lastname@example.org, if you want it to receive the vacation message.
5. 'Addresses to not send responses to' can be blank, but if there is some address(s) that you don't want to receive the vacation message reply, you can add them there.
6. 'Do not send responses to bulk or list messages' should be checked as this prevents your vacation reply from going to mailing lists you might be on.
7. 'Number of days between vacation replies' tells the vacation reply how many days should go by before it replies to the same sender. 7 days is standard.
8. Click 'Save'.
9. Click 'Filters' which will open up the "Filter Rules' page at the top of the screen.
10. Click the red X after 'Vacation' which will change to a green check.
Your Vacation reply is now enabled is enabled.