Telephone Operator and Directory Services
Columbia Telephone Operator Services
The Columbia University general information number 212-854-1754 is staffed by trained operators who will transfer your call on request or connect you to a member of our Referral Center for further assistance. Please note: Columbia operators do not accept or connect collect calls. Hours are:
8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Telephone Directory Information
The Columbia University Directory is the central information resource on officers and staff at Columbia, Barnard and Teachers College. Please visit the online directory for information.
How to Change Your Directory Information
Columbia staff and faculty can edit their personal contact information and change the way it appears in the online directory by going to the myColumbia portal:
- Click on the link Log in with your Columbia UNI in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
- Enter your UNI and Password.
- Click on the Faculty & Staff tab.
- Under the Tools blue bar, click on People @ Columbia - Self Service to expand the menu.
- Click on Update Your Address and follow the instructions on that page.
- Remember to log out when you are done changing your information