About Interactive Services
The Interactive Services group specializes in website design, website production, and in overall online strategy. Our services are fee-based, and our mandate is to support the University's web needs with a cost-effective, professional web consulting service. We provide a variety of services for schools, departments, and campus groups, depending on your requirements. For example, we can:
- Build a new website. We can work with you to define the structure and the look and feel of your site. This includes logical organization of the information, how it is displayed on the page, and the navigation structure, as well as color schemes and graphics. We create the HTML pages and other site components, and connect your site to the appropriate host server.
- Redesign an existing site. If you would like to revise or update your website, our designers can work with you to provide a professional look and feel that will enhance the value of your site.
- Maintain an existing site. Our team will ensure that your site functions properly and will provide periodic updates as needed, including text and graphical changes.
- Create online forms for your site. Forms serve many different needs, such as: request forms, registration forms, order forms, surveys, and questionnaires that provide direct feedback to your department. The information from these forms can be saved into a database, converted into a PDF or emailed to a group of people. We also develop forms to allow for secure online credit card transactions.
- Build your site into our content management system (CMS). We can also incorporate an existing site into our CMS. The CMS application provides an easy-to-use way of creating and managing a website. It allows you and your staff to create and edit the online content of your website quickly and easily, without having to know the HTML language.
- Provide a one-time temporary site. We can create and design a site to communicate a specific campus event to the University community.
For more information see the Interactive Services website.