Purchase CUIT Printing Dollars
Purchase Printing Dollars (Click to buy now!)
Users with a valid UNI may purchase printer Printing Dollars. Printing Dollars are automatically added to your account and may be used at any NINJa print station.
- You must have a valid UNI and password to purchase Printing Dollars.
- Students, Faculty and Staff may use their existing UNI to purchase Printing Dollars.
- Library Guests - Go to the Library Information Office in 201 Butler to obtain your UNI.
The following is debited from your Printing Dollars account upon printing:
- black & white printers: $0.10 per sheet
- color printers: $1.00 per sheet
- In Person - 1) Please go to 125 Wallach Hall to add money to your FLEX account.
- 2) As an alternative you can also utilize the FLEX machines available at our libraries; for instance, the FLEX machine at Butler is located at 2L1.
- Once you have transferred funds to your FLEX account, please go to the CUIT Computing Support Center located in 202 Philosophy. The cost for printing is 10 cents per sheet for black & white printers ($1 for color), sold in $5 increments.
Purchased Printing Dollars carry over from week to week, as long as your UNI remains valid. If your UNI is no longer valid, your pages will be removed from the system after a period of 1 year.
Same Printing Dollars for All NINJa Printing Stations:
Purchased printing dollars are valid on all black & white and color printers on the NINJa printing system in all locations. Your Printing Dollars account is debited when you print without a quota with any pages left. Your account is debited $0.10 for every page you print on black & white printers and $1.00 for every page you print on color printers.
As of 8/24/2009, the Medical Center campus will no longer use the Ninja printing system. Pages purchased through uni.columbia.edu will not be available for use on the Medical Center campus. For more information, please visit the new Pharos website.
There is no refund once Printing Dollars are purchased.
In the event of a printing error (light/no toner, etc.), you may receive credit. Bring the pages in question to 202 Philosophy or to one of our staffed computer labs, located in 251 Engineering Terrace, 213 Butler, or 323 International Affairs (in Lehman Library).
Purchasing Model Update, Spring 2005
Starting with the spring semester 2005, You may purchase "Printing Dollars" instead of "pages." Any "pages" that you may have purchased in previous semesters have been converted to "Printing Dollars" at the same value of $0.10 per sheet.