Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP), formerly known as Symantec AntiVirus, is a virus and spyware scanning program developed by Symantec Corporation. CUIT has purchased a site license for Symantec Endpoint Protection. If you are a Columbia University, Barnard, or UTS faculty, staff or student, you can download and install Symantec Endpoint Protection.
Download and Installation or Upgrade
(Current faculty, staff, and students of Columbia University, Barnard, or UTS are eligible to download.) This installer was created for individual workstations and laptops. It should not be installed on servers.
1. Download the installer (required UNI login):
- SEP 14.x for 64-bit Windows 10, 8, 7 (157 MB)
- SEP 14.x for 32-bit Windows 10, 8, 7 (145 MB)
- SEP 14.x for Mac OS 10.9 and Later (36 MB)
Older Versions :
- SEP 12 for Mac OS 10.12 - Sierra (28 MB)
- SEP 12 for Mac OS 10.11 - El Capitan (28 MB)
- SEP 12.1.5 for Mac OS 10.8 - 10.10 (273 MB)
- SEP 12.1.2 for Mac OS 10.7 - 10.8 (211 MB)
- SEP 12.1 for Mac OS 10.5 - 10.7 (144 MB)
2. Save the installer to your hard drive, and make a note of the folder that you saved it in.
3. Run the installer. Restart your computer. (Please note, if you are installing on Windows 10, you must disable Windows Defender first, as SEP and Windows Defender use the same resources to protect your computer.)
4. Configure Symantec Endpoint Protection for Windows using these instructions.