FinSys Security Administration System
Also known as FFE Access.
The FINSYS Security Administration module enables Security Administrators in schools and departments to provision system access for users of the FINSYS application modules and provide access to other financial data. This includes access to FINSYS, FDS, DARTS, Endowment Term Sheet and legacy financial data. CUIT provides the FSSA system as a consolidated application for those administering accesses to Columbia’s various financial systems.
The service is available Monday - Sunday between the hours of 8:00am - 3:00am, except during maintenance periods announced on the Finance Service Center.
The University's DAF policy requires the proper delegation of authority to University officers to approve transactions in the University's systems.
Modules Available in FinSys Requiring Access
- Budget Tool
- Time Entry
- Cash Deposits
- PAD Reporting
- Endowment Term Sheets
- Security Administration
Administrative Access Roles
- Inquiry: Ability to view Security access transactions
- Initiator: Inquiry + Ability to create, modify and delete Security access transactions
- Preliminary Approval: Inquiry + Initiator + Ability to preliminarily approve Security access transactions
- Final Approval: Inquiry + Initiator + Ability to finally approve the Security access transactions
- Security Administration Access is set up by the super users and security departmental administrators (DAF).
- Access to the Security Administration module is set up by the super users. Super users are in the Controller's Office, the owners of the Security Administration module, and are identified by the super user privilege in their security access profile.
- Security Administrators are DAFs in their Schools and Departments who can setup Security Deputy Administrators with Preliminary Access for only those departments/nodes to which the Security Administrator has access. Once a user's access is entered and approved in the system, the user has access to perform his activities in FinSYS. Within an hour after access is approved the user can view reports in FDS. By the day following access approval, the user will have access to the Legacy systems.
- Budget Tool The Budget Tool module is used for entering and revising departmental fiscal year budgets and enables users to input a current estimate and three future year budgets.
- The Budget Tool module is used for entering and revising departmental fiscal year budgets and enables users to input a current estimate and three future year budgets.
- If the user has General Journal access in ARC, the Budget department(s) should be the same as the Journal department(s).
- Provides inquiry access to view current and previous year prior month-end, prior full year and fund balance information Budgeting access is required for COB reporting access.
- Cash Module
The Cash Module is used to record all cash and checks received by the University.
- The Cash Module is used to record cash and checks received by the University.
- Users are asked to review the Cash Receipts Policy in the Administrative Policy Library before applying for access to the Cash module.
- Payroll Detail Reporting Information
- PAD access is necessary in order to see payroll detail in FDS.
- This is highly sensitive information and access should only be granted if needed.
- Inquiry (“I”) access allows a user to see detailed payroll data in reports.
- Transaction (“CMD”) access is required for a user to make detailed payroll updates in the Budget Tool.
- Time Entry Module
Records three types of timesheets, each is a separate module:
- Create payroll time entries for Casual Employees
- Add or subtract pay from bi-weekly Support Staff payrolls
- Add or subtract pay from weekly Union Staff payrolls
- Endowment Term Sheet
- This grants access to the Endowment Term Sheets (via the Endowment Administration Website) which contain key terms and restrictions for the University's endowment funds. After the access is setup in FinSys, they are transmitted to ARC and then to the Endowment Administration application.
- Legacy Systems DARTS, AP/CAR, PIS, LDS
- Data for Legacy systems is available for inquiry only via Business Objects/FDS. APCAR reports for data between July 1999 and July 6, 2012 and the other legacy data can be accessed, through the Business Objects-InfoView platform (HDS. the same platform that the FDS reports are on). Users are able to run the Invoice Inquiry, AP Vendor Inquiry and Audit History reports.
- If you need to obtain a particular invoice associated with an accounts payable transaction in APCAR between July 1999 and July 6, 2012, please contact the Finance Service Center.
- Requests for FAS Actuals should be made to Marcela Ruano, firstname.lastname@example.org, in the Controller’s Office.