For the traveler, Eduroam provides per-user, per-session encrypted network access for visitors from participating institutions, without the need to gain guest credentials on arrival to an Eduroam enabled location. The connectivity is instantaneous and the infrastructure is authenticated by the user. Study abroad students can join thousands of Eduroam hotspots without any hassle or any data roaming charges.
CUIT is now fully participating in the Eduroam network. You can use Eduroam at remote institutions that offer Eduroam.
People wishing to use the "Eduroam" network need to configure their supported wireless clients using the CUIT wireless configuration portal. This will allow you to use your Columbia UNI/Password credentials to access the EDUROAM network at participating institutions. We help Columbia students and faculty configure their laptops to use the Eduroam network at other participating institutions that advertise the Eduroam network.
We also offer Eduroam network on our campus to provide secure and encrypted wireless network access to visitors from participating institutions.
Other Columbia IT Groups
- Columbia University Medical Center Information Technology (CUMC IT)
- Center for Digital Research and Scholarship (CDRS)
- Business School Information Services (ITG)
- Law School Information Technology
- SIPA Computer Facilities
- Social Work Computing and Instructional Technology
- Columbia College Information Technology (CCIT)
- Columbia Center for New Media Teaching and Learning