Cisco VPN Client software enables you to create a secure connection, a Virtual Private Network, over the Internet and lets off-campus faculty and staff access administrative applications normally available only on campus.
Download and Installation (Current faculty and staff of Columbia University are eligible to download.)
Download the installer (required UNI login):
For 32-bit Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
Version 5.0.07.0410 (7.7 MB)
For 64-bit Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
Version 5.0.07.0440 (4.9 MB)
For Mac OS 10.7.x, 10.8.x, iPhone and iPad
VPN Proflie v1.0 (3.4 KB) - Can support either PowerPC or Intel processors.
For Mac OS 10.6.x
Apple Script v1.0 (29 KB) - Can support either PowerPC or Intel processors.
For Mac OS 10.4.x - 10.5.x
Version 4.9.01.0180 (14.4 MB) - Can support either PowerPC or Intel processors.
- Save the installer to your hard drive, and make a note of the folder that you saved it in.
- Install using instructions for Windows or Mac.
- Connect to Columbia with VPN on Windows or the Mac.
If you have trouble establishing a VPN connection, take a look at these solutions to common problems. Your problem may be something you can solve yourself.
If you are unable to solve the problem yourself, do one of the following:
- Call the CUIT Service Desk at 212-854-1919.
- Visit the CUIT Service Desk Support Center in 202 Philosophy Hall.
- Submit an online request.